It all began in 2014, from an idea: to simplify the process of sustainable and ethical fabric sourcing for clothing brands and individuals, by offering a large assortment of organic, sustainable and socially positive textiles.
For us transparency and traceability are key elements in our supply chain. That is why all our suppliers are well known to us, to guarantee their work ethics together with their internationals certifications (GOTS, FAIRTRADE, OEKO-TEX®)
Our fabrics are made with great craftsmanship that has been carried for generations, following environmentally conscious processes of growing raw materials, besides providing farmers & workers with a minimum wage and supporting small local economies.
We specialize in organic + Fairtrade cotton, Ahimsa silk, hand-spun and hand-woven cotton, Khadi cotton, bamboo, Lyocell, hemp, organic silk and organic denim. Our fabrics are either naturally dyed, hand printed, dyed or printed with GOTS dyes or inks. All the fabrics are made with 100% non-toxic products.
Truecolours Textiles – Sourcing Intern
We are Truecolours Textiles, a sustainable fabric supplier founded in Amsterdam, striving to introduce eco-friendly, socially responsible and fair-trade textiles to the European market. This is our way to contribute to a better and more just world. If you would like to learn more about our philosophy, please visit our website: www.truecolourstextiles.com.
Do you have a passion for sustainability and textiles? Then this internship is for you. We are currently on the lookout for an ambitious sourcing intern to join our growing team for a period of six months. We are offering a flexible schedule and an opportunity to gain experience in the textile market. Unfortunately, at this moment we can only cover your travel costs. However, there may be an option to continue to work for us after the internship has finished.
These are examples of the responsibilities and duties you will have:
Assist in sourcing of seasonal fabrics both local and international
Maintain the fabric library
Assist in the creation of sourcing manuals
Coordinate the set-up, testing, and sampling for new or existing products using custom and industry standard tests
Communicate daily with fabric suppliers to ensure accurate fabric information
Initiate and roll out the Higg facilities modules to our tier 1 suppliers and ensure completion (The Higg Index is the tool used through the Sustainable Apparel Coalition to track and measure social and environmental data for facilities)
Work on new sourcing to ensure that suppliers have correct certifications before starting business relationships as well as developing current suppliers towards the correct certifications for any claims made
- Degree in Textile Design or Textile Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of textile chemistry, physical materials testing, product testing, design, product engineering and sourcing a plus. Chemical knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of sustainable industry practices and compliance standards, and knowledge of Human and Labour rights in the apparel industry as well as issues and trends
- Knowledge within Supply Chain Management and Textiles and related areas
- Capability to apply specialized knowledge of industry standards/practices to projects and initiatives.
- Proficient in Office package.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, meet deadlines, and work well with others
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A curious, critical thinker, analytical, problem solver, creative, adaptable, flexible, enthusiastic.