Internship Retail Allocation & Merchandising
O’Neill Europe B.V. is the European headquarters of the world famous surf and snow brand, O’Neill, which was founded in 1952 in California. The headquarters are located in Warmond (nearby Leiden). With its rich history and continued innovation, O’Neill strives to grow into one of the world’s largest lifestyle and performance brands
Within the Retail Allocation & Merchandising department you're highly involved with sales and the stock of the shops, the E-shop (B2C) and wholesale and consignment (B2B) partners of O'Neill. The responsibility of your colleagues is purchase, planning, and allocation of the collections. An internship in this department gives you the opportunity to develop your personal competencies and skills.
Your tasks within the department of Retail Allocation & Merchandising are very varied.
You can think of the following aspects and / or tasks:
• Analyzing and presenting the weekly sales reports;
• Use different analyzing methods in different data files of O’Neill: sales based on gender groups, product groups or color groups;
• Analyze the financial results of the stores, E-Shop and consignments;
• Make turnover plans per product group or specific target group for the upcoming seasons;
• Create new formats for opening new stores or pop-up stores;
• Estimate and manage the stock actively;
• Preparing for the allocation of the products to the stores;
• Make and analyze the forecast for the upcoming seasons;
• Suggest and execute store-to-store transfers based on stock analyses on store level;
• Highly in contact with the O’Neill stores;
• Close collaboration with other departments like: Finance, Product, E-Commerce, Marketing, ICT and Logistics
O'Neill gives you good guidance and also enough space to complete your assignments. There is a positive atmosphere and your colleagues are always willing to help when needed. Working at O’Neill will expose you to a very international environment within the company, but also through contact with the foreign partners. An internship at O'Neill brings you a lot of knowledge and information that can be used in the (international) labor market.
Our internship placements are all located at the European Headquarters in Warmond.
- Student in Business or Management related study.
- A passion for retail, fashion, data analysis, and a team player with hands- on mentality.
- Good knowledge of the English language, spoken and written.
- Good basic knowledge of MSOffice, more specifically Excel.
- Strong organizational, time management skills and attention to details.
- Availability for a minimum of 5 months (full-time).