Internship Retail Allocation & Merchandising
O’Neill Europe B.V. is the European headquarters of the world famous surf and snow brand, O’Neill, which was founded in 1952 in California. The headquarters are located in Warmond (nearby Leiden). With its rich history and continued innovation, O’Neill strives to grow into one of the world’s largest lifestyle and performance brands
Within the Retail Allocation & Merchandising department you're highly involved with sales and the stock of the shops, the E-shop (B2C) and wholesale and consignment (B2B) partners of O'Neill. The responsibility of your colleagues is purchase, planning, and allocation of the collections. An internship in this department gives you the opportunity to develop your personal competencies and skills.
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
You can think of the following aspects and / or tasks:
• Analyzing and presenting the weekly sales reports;
• Use different analyzing methods in different data files of O’Neill: sales based on gender groups, product groups or color groups;
• Analyze the financial results of the stores, E-Shop and consignments;
• Make turnover plans per product group or specific target group for the upcoming seasons;
• Create new formats for opening new stores or pop-up stores;
• Estimate and manage the stock actively;
• Preparing for the allocation of the products to the stores;
• Make and analyze the forecast for the upcoming seasons;
• Suggest and execute store-to-store transfers based on stock analyses on store level;
• Highly in contact with the O’Neill stores;
• Close collaboration with other departments like: Finance, Product, E-Commerce, Marketing, ICT and Logistics
What does O’Neill offer?
•A full time internship (32-40 hours) in a fun international working environment in the Fashion & Sports sector. It will bring you a lot of knowledge and information that can be used in the (international) labor market;
•Professional coaching and enough space to complete your assignments;
•An internship at the world’s number one surf and snow brand, and the opportunity to work with high caliber, experienced professionals;
•An open and informal environment: There is a positive atmosphere and your colleagues are always willing to help when needed;
•An internship allowance.
Our internship placements are all located at the European Headquarters in Warmond.
- Student in Business or Management related study;
- A passion for retail, fashion, data analysis, and a team player with hands- on mentality;
- Good knowledge of the English language, spoken and written;
- Good basic knowledge of MSOffice, more specifically Excel;
- Strong organizational, time management skills and attention to details;
- Availability for a minimum of 5 months (full-time);
- Available as per July 2018
Let us know the internship period and starting date. Please send in your resume and motivation letter.