Junior Buyer Intern
ASICS Europe BV is the European Headquarters of ASICS, one of the world’s largest sportswear manufacturers. As a multi-sports brand (ASICS and Onitsuka Tiger) ASICS offers an outstanding range of shoes, apparel and equipment. The philosophy of ASICS is to stimulate people in sports and to provide them with innovative high-tech products. The company was founded in 1949 in Japan. The European headquarters are located just outside of Amsterdam since 1995. Subsidiaries are located in various other European countries. Our people describe working at ASICS as passionate, focused on continuous improvement, performance, global, teamwork and quality.
To support the Buyer to deliver the product strategy that delivers to consumer, brand and commercial objectives for Asics Retail by owning and controlling the detailed item set up of the assortments for each of the store concepts.
To support creating the Visual Line Plans for future buys and ensure that the Data in the system accurately reflects the buy.Work alongside the Allocator and Merchandising teams to ensure pricing and stock flow is in line with the assortment strategy.
Reports to the buyer & works alongside the Merchandising teams, Visual merchandising and Store Operations. Works closely with the product teams to align item set-up and season code management.
Support the Seasonal Range building process
- Support the buyer in preparing for building a range plan by owning the item set-up and understanding item flow from season to season.
- Assist in building the range assortment through helping to prepare and analyse Market knowledge, historical analysis and campaign information.
- Samples management for Full Price and Factory Outlet
- The Pricing Matrix
- Competitor analysis
- Market share information
- Specialist sports seasonality by market
- Campaign calendars
- In partnership with merchandising provide lessons learnt from previous seasons on winners and losers and present a view on opportunities for future assortments.
- Under the guidance of the buyer conduct comp shops to assess and report back on competitor activity
- Responsible of Accessories portfolio
- Prepare Buying books for Stores
Build DTC data sharing for Performance and Lifestyle
- Ensure all weekly actions are listed in 1 document and up to date.
- Ensure that all attributes are accurate and sales monitored (mannequin, campaign items, special focus, etc)
- Assist the Buyer in gathering best practices from Asics Japan and Asics America in DTC business.
- Continuously optimize the document and propose new Retail actions
- Support the team in weekly performance reviews through understanding product level performance and making proposals for action to optimise sales in partnership with merchandising.
- Work alongside the merchandising team to actively participate in supporting the forecasting process by demonstrating a clear understanding of future receipts and product launch dates and key events.
- Working alongside the team propose actions to optimise sell through and manage seasonal range transitions
- In partnership with the Buying and Merchandising team conduct store visits to report back on product opportunities and inform current and future decisions.
Marketing & VM
- Under the Buyers direction, integrate strong visual merchandising principles into each range build and provide clear communication to the VM and Operations team.
- Help coordinate the marketing calendar actions and support the buyer in guiding the team
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum 2 years in a buyer admin type role (big plus!)
- Good standard of education, ideally in a business related, retail or Fashion degree
- Strong Creative, presentation and visual skills
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications with good Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Shows passion for product & a genuine interest in a retail Buying Career
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize tasks to meet business objectives in a fast paced complex environment.
- Affinity with (sports) fashion.
- Teamwork & Proactive behaviour
- Stress resistance
- Good organizational skills, eye for detail
- Articulate and demonstrates strong presentation skills (Written and verbal)
- Accuracy & Problem solving
- Can do attitude
Milou van Ruijven