Licensing & Marketing Intern
Fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld is globally renowned for his cutting-edge, aspirational and relevant approach to style. Under his creative direction, the KARL LAGERFELD fashion house is rooted in a DNA that’s accessible-luxe and cool; its signature aesthetic combines timeless classics with a modern, rock-chic edge.
KARL LAGERFELD’s portfolio includes ready-to-wear for men and women, childrenswear, bags and small leather goods. Additional collections include watches, eyewear, footwear, perfumes, candles and fashion jewellery. In 2016 the company launched KARL LAGERFELD PARIS which brings Parisian-inspired styles to North America. The brand also introduced bridal fine jewellery and will launch a men’s tailored collection in North America in 2017.
KARL LAGERFELD’s expanding network includes over 80 mono-brand points of sale worldwide, plus a premium wholesale presence in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The global women’s flagship store on KARL.COM reaches 96 countries and reflects KARL LAGERFELD’s expertise in engagement through digital innovation.
Job summary and purpose of the role:
We are recruiting for a Licensing intern at the KARL LAGERFELD HQ in Amsterdam. The intern will be involved in the day to day licensing activities within the department supporting on key account management and managing communication flows, being in direct contact with internal and external linkages of the KARL LAGERFELD brand.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in a successful and rapidly growing fashion and retail company working with key licensing partners and categories such as:
-Jewelry and watches
-Sunglasses and optical
As well as on major collaborations with other global premium brands.
You will be supporting the department on all its launches and you will be the person in charge of:
-Coordinating the projects internally with all the business units: product and merchandising, marketing, sales, retail, ecom, press, finance
-Managing the reporting internally and externally, and developing the tools to proceed (Excel, PowerPoint)
-You will be also in charge of the market survey and a benchmark to advise the trends, our competitors approach and potential collaboration of the fashion industry
-You will be a key support for the advertising campaign organization and other shootings
-Managing data base of the department
-Preparing monthly sales reports for a few categories
- You must be in a second year of Master and may also be required to hold qualifications relating to Marketing, Communication or Sales.
- Candidates pursuing a degree in the Economics will be prioritized
- Language: fluent in English, both verbal and written and preferably speak French with a very high standard.
- Strong skills in Microsoft office: PPT, Excel
- You are strong in building and maintaining relationships and you enjoy working with different departments, products and international people
- You are proactive and think ahead, bring structure in your work and are independent
- You are reliable and have the ability to lead the delivery of a high level of partnership and stand for the brand
- You are precise with attention to details and work organized to effectively manage paperwork
- You have both a marketing and business oriented mind
- You communicate openly, honestly and constructively
- Due to the volume of communication with key accounts and external partners you must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- You are willing to live in Amsterdam for the internship