Logistics Coordinator - Temp
ASICS Europe BV is the European Headquarters of ASICS, one of the world’s largest sportswear manufacturers. As a multi-sports brand (ASICS and Onitsuka Tiger) ASICS offers an outstanding range of shoes, apparel and equipment. The philosophy of ASICS is to stimulate people in sports and to provide them with innovative high-tech products. The company was founded in 1949 in Japan. The European headquarters are located just outside of Amsterdam since 1995. Subsidiaries are located in various other European countries. Our people describe working at ASICS as passionate, focused on continuous improvement, performance, global, teamwork and quality.
To execute and monitor the logistic processes from ASICS Europe in such a way that the logistic product flows run efficiently and effectively and the service provided to the customer meets the relevant standards. To keep abreast of developments in the field of imports/exports and clearance. To be the main point of contact for the business and supply chain partners in terms of requests, management and issues surrounding the logistics processes. To be an integral part of the wider logistics department, covering for all tasks in logistics and samples.
- Manages input to/from freight forwarders to support inbound process
- Manages inbound flow of goods (vendor booking approval, carrier selection in line with agreements and final mile planning from port to delivery at DC)
- Coordinates consolidated shipping from vendors to multiple DC’s
- Balances the inbound flow and liaises with DC’s and forwarders to ensure capacity and avoidance of buffer costs
- Provides visibility of inbound flow to SCM-team and other relevant stakeholders
- Maintain SOP’s (e.g. shipping instructions, carrier landscape)
- Monitors if the confirmed delivery dates are being kept and takes pro-active action, in case of expected delays.
- Manages the daily pro-forma invoicing to enable DC’s to ship to non-EU destinations
- Support and control special events
- Manage transportation between DC’s
Quality & Performance Management
- Acts as single point of contact for all questions and complaints from DC’s with regards to the inbound order flow of goods and coordinates resolution of issues raised.
- Claims handling in line with insurance policy
- Monitors the quality of transport and periodically evaluates the service, the quality and the transport costs with the carriers.
- Present reports to manager indicating the performance of own area of responsibility
- Develop & maintain KPIs relating to the inbound flow of goods and communicate to business stakeholders.
Administration & Cost Control:
- Working together with forwarders to ensure process adherence and best practice
- Coding and approving the logistics related invoices, including recharging where applicable
- Coordinates and controls the inbound document flow
- Ensures adherence to customs clearance and associated guidelines (e.g. tariff classification, documentation)
- Understands and monitors landed costs calculations
Continuous Process improvement
- Be an active part of process improvement efforts and take ownership for process improvement sub-activities (e.g. analysis, presentation, workshop organization)
- Participate in roll-out of process changes across the organization through communication and training
- Actively share and transfer acquired process knowledge and expertise to the team/department
- Develop relationships with process stakeholders to influence improvements and ensure alignment of process improvement efforts
- Reports regularly on how work is progressing to the Logistics & Customs manager EMEA
- If necessary, performs other work when asked
Knowledge and experience
- University or Bachelor degree in the field of Supply Chain or Logistics
- About 2 years of relevant working experience through for example an internship, preferably in an internationally oriented environment
- Knowledge of logistic & customs processes (sea, air and road)
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Structured and excellent attention to detail
- Highly skilled in advanced Microsoft office
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Proactive, getting things done mentality
- Stress resistance
- Planning & organising
- Customer orientation
Milou van Ruijven