I Heart Studios is a highly creative visual content studio based in London and Amsterdam. We are unique due to our fashion origins and distinctive personality. We are also unique in the market because we offer a full service to clients from highest quality product photography through to conceptual creative imagery.
We were founded in 2011 out of the simple belief that exceptional imagery is fundamental to enhancing brand perceptions and increasing online sales, and we produce best-quality visual content for a selection of high profile clients.
I Heart Studios is looking for an experienced e-commerce Photography Manager to join our expanding team in Amsterdam.
The Photography Manager will be working alongside, and reporting to, the Studio Manager. The role will be divided into two main functions, assisting with the managing of the photography department and taking high quality imagery for our clients. Time will be divided equally between the operational/on-set duties and managerial duties.
Main duties and responsibilities:
•Confidently providing support to the Head of Photography & Styling with
supervising the team
•Reporting to Head of Photography & Styling
•Lead teams and provide on set support for all teams, ensuring the studio runs smoothly
•Briefing photographers on variety of sets and shoots, ensuring they are aware of the daily priorities
•Managing the performance and conduct of employees, including bi-annual employee appraisals.
•Identifying development needs with the team and facilitating training, including developing documents and guidelines
•Assist in the day-to-day scheduling of the studio and where needed manage a solid pool of freelancers
•Host regular department meetings with the photographic team
•QC images on studio floor; including managing team of photographers to assist with checks
•Ensuring all products shot by the photographic team are lit correctly, efficiently and creatively, in accordance with our company guidelines
•Implementing structural procedures for all team members to prepare sets, checking that all equipment is fully functional, setting up appropriate lighting and keeping accurate daily shot records
•Ensuring team are keeping to deadlines and managing workload
•Communicating feedback and client updates to the team
•Produce exceptional high quality and consistent images when working on set, ensuring they are correctly exposed and colour consistent
•Meet strict daily and weekly deadlines
•Confidently work across brands and work on creative and client facing shoots
•Ensure that client briefs and style guides are followed; maintaining strong relationships with client services
•Uploading/downloading images on and off FTP site
•Provide proactive support to studio with assessment of problem areas and implementation of solutions
•Engage with development of I Heart portfolio; including creating relevant mood boards alongside the Creative Director for upcoming photo shoots
•Maintain strong relationships with Senior Management and Directors to ensure studio development.
- Graduate or similar in a visual arts related degree, or equivalent proven experience
- Previous experience working within a digital photographic studio
- Previous commercial photographic experience
- Proven experience with managing and developing a team
- Exceptional photography and lighting skills with an excellent understanding of colour correction
- Exceptional working knowledge of using Capture One, Canon and Photoshop, is essential
- Capable of working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand client brief and ensure adhered to through all aspects of production to finished product
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated, positive and hard working
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and motivate others to achieve within the required timeframe is essential
- Ability to multi task and work independently; able to manage additional projects or duties without compromising key job duties.