Buying Operations Coordinator
Land : Nederland
Stad : Amsterdam
Categorie : Purchasing
Contracttype : Vast
Dienstverband : Voltijds
The Buying Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing the global purchase orders and Inbound for timely delivery. This team works in close collaboration internally with the Buying and Planning teams, Product Development teams, Central Operations, and externally with the Forwarders, Vendors and buying offices.
The position reports into the Manager Buying & Planning. The candidate should have an analytical mindset and eye for process alignment. The position requires good communication and problem solving skills and attention to accuracy.
- Manage inbounding by monitoring WIP-chart up till goods shipped from Consolidator in collaboration with Product Development, acting on possible delays by changing, ship mode, negotiate with vendors about freight terms in case of delays, and inform stakeholders when changes in AC-date occur
- Create and maintain purchase orders and inbound master files including calculations on OTA level (On Time Availability), and all additional relevant information regarding production (e.g. reasons for delay and current situation), and update systems (e.g. GT Nexus, VMS, SAP)
- Generate inbound report summarising highlights of the master file and distribute to relevant stakeholders (Management, Buying & Planning)
- Maintain close relationships with vendors, assist with operational tasks where needed, monitoring performed tasks to ensure they are performed correctly (e.g. creating shipment bookings), and assist / remind vendors to ensure on time delivery
- Responsible for management of over- and under shipment, assessing whether deviances can be accepted and negotiating with vendors regarding replenishments (up till ordered amount) and discounts
- Monitor system versus actuals regarding shipment status, ensuring shipments from Vendor to consolidator (At Consolidator Date) are realised and acting on possible discrepancies
Department and Team
Calvin Klein Jeans is the core division within the Calvin Klein brands
Calvin Klein Jeans Kids is a relatively new and fast growing division.
Both the Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Jeans Kids labels are designed and developed from Amsterdam. Buying Operations is part of the Buying & Planning department.
Buying & Planning ensures an optimum seasonal planning from the range plan handover to the official purchase order creation and controls the production flow to ensure in-time deliveries from the factories.
- Education: MBO/HBO
- High level of accuracy
- Analytical skills
- Preferably administrative experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure with deadlines
- High sense to be supportive to her/his team members
- Excellent PC knowledge: Excel (SAP is advantage)
- Fluent in English