Converse o2c Accounting Manager
- Land :
- Stad :
- Contracttype :
- Type van beroep :
- Referentienummer :
The Order-to-Cash (O2C) Accounting Manager, is a key member of the Converse Controlling team, at our European headquarters in Hilversum, Netherlands. As a member of the Western Europe Accounting team, the Accounting Manager will be a critical business partner to the Finance and Commercial teams. This role interacts with and must partner successfully with Global Converse Controlling team and Nike Europe Controlling. This opportunity will provide interaction with many groups within the Western Europe accounting team as well as support revenue and receivable accounting.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves manager who understands the intricacies of a large, dynamic, global organization and thrives in a best-in-class environment. A successful candidate will be a leader with a track record of coaching and developing team members, with a passion for delivering excellence. This role is a first step into the Converse Controlling team and can grow into opportunities within the Converse or Nike group of brands.
- Work closely with the Marketplace Controller to align on key priorities and communications to business partners
- Support Marketplace Controller role with key reporting deliverables and KPI s.
- Understand and explain the impact and results of accounting activities to Finance and Commercial business partners
- Assist in month-end close activities, including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations, particularly in the area of revenue recognition and receivable reserves.
- Manage, coordinate and prepare certain month-end and quarter-end deliverables to Converse reporting teams and Nike business partners.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to cross functional teams on special projects including revenue recognition on emerging digital and direct to consumer business initiatives.
- Learn and develop a proficiency in the use of the company s SAP ERP system and other reporting and analytical tools.
- Develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and layers of the business while demonstrating mastery of US GAAP and Converse accounting policies.
- Analyze and assist in the implementation of new accounting policies in the revenue and receivable space.
- Perform Ad hoc analysis for business partners, accounting and finance teams.
- Be the leader for process improvement related to the revenue and receivables accounting. Identify and implement strategies for the company to execute its accounting and reporting responsibilities with greater efficiency by automating processes and reducing manual work effort.
- Supervise and oversee the growth and professional development of multiple team members.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, Chartered / Registered Accountant and/or MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Experience with SAP preferred but not required.
- Industry experience with a Fortune 500/multinational company is preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated, conscientious, detailed and deadline-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities, commitment to quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to strategically think and solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment at a rapidly evolving company and industry.