Copy Editor (Nativ English)
Land : Nederland
Provincie : Noord-Holland
Departement : Amsterdam
Stad : AMSTERDAM
Categorie : Communicatie
Contracttype : Vast
Type van beroep : Voltijds
Lots of freedom and possibilities for your own contribution; your opinion is important for our success!
Space for development; welcome to the Only for Men College!
A salary tailored to your skills and experience.
Discount on the collection!
We organize the best and most enjoyable outings! Are you coming too ?!
Are you passionate about language and communication
in fashion E-Commerce? Are you excited by the prospect of influencing the
digital business of many of Europe's best-known fashion brands? Would you like
to join us in becoming the leading fashion retail group online? Then join our team as English
Copy Editor, and contribute to our overall customer experience by taking our English
content to a new level.
The department and the position
one of Europe's largest fashion companies with a wide variety of brands,
including VERO MODA, ONLY and JACK & JONES. BESTSELLER grew from a single
retail store in 1975 to a multi-brand company. Its products are sold through
more than 3000 retail physical stores plus global sales through E-Commerce.
With more than
100 colleagues from all over the world, our E-Commerce head office is based in
the centre of Amsterdam, but the role also requires travel to Denmark to sit
with the brands and other stakeholders.
As a Copy
Editor, you will join the BESTSELLER E-Commerce operations department and
report to our Localisation Lead. Your main responsibility will be to a drive
the quality of our English E-Commerce content forward by editing English copy
to ensure fitness for its purpose, creating copy from scratch occasionally, setting
company-wide textual standards for the different types of content, and training
our internal stakeholders to meet these standards.
Assignments will consist of:
- Proofreading and editing of in- and outsourced web copy to ensure accuracy, consistency, grammatical correctness and style
- Aligning with the language specialists responsible for our different markets on the cultural adaptability of the source copy
- Occasionally writing attractive copy that enhances our customer's purchasing experience and that tells the BESTSELLER story in a clear and engaging way
- Establishing standards and guidelines for the different types of e-commerce copy (UX content, performance marketing, product descriptions, campaigns etc.) that reflect our quality and business requirements, our tone of voice and industry best practices
- Advocating these shared standards and across the organisation, and ensure compliance by training internal stakeholders and resources on how to meet the requirements
The ideal applicant:
- Is an English native speaker, additional language skills are a plus
- Possesses an understanding of (E-Commerce) consumer behaviour
- Uses this knowledge and experience to map out and apply strategic approaches to copy improvement
- Likes to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams to ensure language quality across markets and channels
- Is eager to contribute to the overall experience strategy with innovative ideas
- Understands the importance of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced industry and keeping others informed on work progress and agreed goals
- Is passionate about fashion and/or has experience in working in the fashion industry
- 1+ years' experience as a copy editor or copywriter for the web, preferably in an E-Commerce environment
- Exceptional editing skills with a creative flair and an eye for detail
- A BA or MA in a relevant field, such as Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Psychology or Translation Studies
- A strong interest in fashion, E-Commerce and consumer behaviour
- Experience with SEO is a bonus
We truly value
individuals who are solution oriented, flexible and enjoy working in an
international environment. To be successful in this role you also need to be a
strong communicator, able to build relationships and have a creative and
Why work for us?
Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value
a good work atmosphere and equally offer good benefits. To mention a few, we
offer an excellent daily lunch made by a professional cook, a fit for less'
plan and regular Friday events with colleagues. Last but not least, we have
employees from all over the world and encourage international candidates to
apply. If applicable, we will assist you in relocation formalities, ensuring a
smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply directly using the apply button below or via our website. In case
you have any further questions about the role, you are welcome to contact Elin
Akerstrom, Recruitment Specialist on phone +31657459894.