Manager Quality Assurance And Production Operations
Land : Nederland
Provincie : Noord-Holland
Gemeenten : Amsterdam
Stad : Amsterdam
Categorie : Productie - Kwaliteit
Contracttype : Vast
Dienstverband : Voltijds
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here's what we'll do together:
As the Manager Quality Assurance and Production Operations within the Sourcing department you are responsible for ensuring that the G-Star products, manufactured worldwide, comply with G-Star Quality & Safety Standards and that effective Production Operations are in place to optimize our production lead-times.
In your role you will lead and build high performing Global Quality Assurance and Production Operations teams to deliver excellent performance on both G-Star Quality Assurance and On-time Delivery KPI, while building strong connections with internal and external stakeholders.
Just imagine -
You will work closely with the HQ Product Development, Purchase, CSR, Sales support teams and lead the global QA teams to provide technical support to processes of these divisions, ensuring alignment and effective working structure.
Through strong Quality and Production Operations management you will drive excellent performance on quality consistency and on-time delivery for both SMS and bulk productions.
With your team you will ensure the G-Star standards and requirements on quality, product safety, RSL, testing and labelling are up to date with international regulations and implemented consistently across all product groups and vendors globally.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Build and develop high performing Global G-Star QA and OPS teams, structure and process.
- Drive strong integration of vendor based QA & OPS team operations into G-Star process.
- Develop QA & OPS performance of existing vendors. Manage the onboarding and training of new vendors.
- Build strong synergies between Global QA teams and Product Development, Purchase, Merchandise, CSR, Licensee and Sales Support teams. Provide QA technical support to division's processes.
- Develop Global Production Planning teams and build strong alignment and synergies with Purchase team through global PLM Q&P track to support on-time delivery.
- Manage QA team's technical support to vendor on correct understanding and execution of the G-Star product technical information to ensure first time right Proto and correct SMS development.
- Ensure alignment on Product specifications and Global QA standards between HQ QA team, Product Development team, PIC offices and vendors.
- Strong Quality and Production Operations management to deliver excellent performance on G-Star Quality and on-time delivery KPI for both SMS and Bulk productions.
- Lead and follow through correct, timely SMS PO placement and production, report on SMS delivery status.
- Maintain G-Star QA, Safety, RSL, test, labelling manuals and standards up to date with international standards and regulations, actively anticipate on new developments in the market.
- Manage with QA team customer's complaints and claims, actively drive year by year return rate reduction. Report on results.
- Support Director Global Sourcing on implementing the global sourcing strategy.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in business administration.
- 5+ years' experience in management role in Apparel, Fashion and/or Retail industry
- 10 years training/ working background in QA
- Experience in leading Global teams
- Ability to work effectively cross divisional with design, product development, merchandising, purchasing, CSR, marketing, sales, customer service and external global partners
- Solid understanding of global textile supply market and insight in capabilities of the vendors
- Solid understanding of general international quality regulations and compliance standards.
- Excellent understanding of processes in fashion wholesale and retail organization
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in English
- Strong system skills, Microsoft office, PLM, SAP.
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it's a good fit, we'll plan our first interview.
- Because we're very curious how you'd survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we're ready to commit to each other, we'll finalize the terms we've discussed and we'll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.