Vice President, General Merchandising Manager
Land : Nederland
Provincie : Utrecht
Gemeenten : Vijfheerenlanden
Stad : Vianen
Categorie : Beleid
Contracttype : Vast
Dienstverband : Voltijds
- Build strategic plans both internally and externally and be able to turn strategy into action
- Build our store and digital merchandising business by creating and implementing an omni merchant vision & strategy that aligns globally but meets regional business needs while aligning with the financial objectives of the company
- Innovate and drive best practice, to create a function that supports the company's broader goals of growth and high standards of customer experience, through assortment and presentation across all channels
- Lead buying team and be a cross-functional partner to the business to define the product mix, identify trends and observe the activities of the market and competitors to identify new opportunities
- Identify emerging styles/trends/behaviors within our core consumer segments. Initiate product tests to lead the market in emerging opportunities and look to scale early market entry to a large commercial business as warranted. Ensure team is equally engaged in social media and trend identification.
- Build favorable external relationships and reputation in the retail industry with our vendor partners. Negotiate with vendors on quantity, delivery deadlines and price, to maximize company's profits and surpass goals.
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop program ideas that are grounded in product buys and which drive consumer excitement and sell through across our omni business.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and monitor financial performance against corporate objectives - address improvement opportunities.
- Build capable teams and identify training and on-the-job opportunities for growth and professional development. Create strong talent pipeline and support the team in driving efficiency and collaboration in a matrix environment.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience leading merchant teams in an omni environment
- BS / BA degree in Business or Marketing or related experience
- Thorough knowledge of product selection, inventory planning, trend-forecasting, marketing, inventory control, budgeting, financial planning and distribution across an omni environment
- Expert knowledge of Retail mathematical calculations and measures. Profile:
- Obsesses about the customer: has a relentless focus on the customer and has a strong understanding of matrix relationships to build relationships
- Drive Performance: through effective strategy, efficiency and vendor partnerships
- Plays to win and focuses on the future: ability to turn strategy into action and challenges the status quo
- Change Leadership: has strong enterprise leadership, open and agile to meet customer expectations
- Develops Talent: has a track record of developing talent, embraces diversity and is open and collaborative
- Brings other along: Knows how to play well with others builds win-win solutions through partnerships and has the ability to effectively interact with all levels of Management; ability to influence others to win support for ideas and initiatives. Presents a logical and persuasive case when offering ideas and opinions. Negotiates effectively with others to arrive at sound solutions.
- Be a pro: Able to leverage background business knowledge to make better decisions. Knows the competition, the strategies and tactics that work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable about current and future policies, trends, technology, and information affecting the business.